Simmons College offers the online CAGS in Health Professions Education. The demand for effective educators within their fields of practice is growing. Whether you're a nurse, physician's assistant, physical therapist or other health professional, you will gain critical skills in educational strategies and technology.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Teaching Methodologies and Classroom Design
- Theories and Practice of Adult Education
- Issues in Health Professions Education
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Organization, Leadership and Change
With this certification, you will be prepared for a faculty or health educator position within the health care arena.
- A master’s or higher academic degree in a health professions specialty from a regionally accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Overall GPA of 3.0. in both undergraduate and graduate studies
- Practical experience within the healthcare arena within the past three years
- Official transcripts from all degree granting institutions attended
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education