Founded in 1871 as the Cumberland Valley State Normal School, Shippensburg University is a member of Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education. Seeing greater potential for the school, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania purchased it in 1917. Over the next few decades, great strides were made. In 1982, the governor of the Commonwealth signed Senate Bill 506 establishing the State System of Higher Education. Shippensburg State College was designated Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in 1983.
Shippensburg offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates from the following colleges and schools:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Education and Human Services
- John L. Grove College of Business
- Elnetta G. Jones School of Academic Programs and Services
- School of Graduate Studies
- Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education
Most schools offer programs in completely online formats.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Sector Of Institution:Public, 4-year or above
Religious Affiliation:Not applicable
Highest Level Of Offering:Master's degree
Adult Age Enrollments:1,154
This school has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.