Master of Social Work / Advanced Standing
Seton Hall University
The Seton Hall University master’s degree in social work is a unique opportunity. For students without a bachelor’s degree in social work, the program is two years long, with the first year consisting of on-campus coursework. Students with a degree in social work go straight into the second year of the program — the Advanced Standing year — which consists of online courses and on-site fieldwork in the community.
Our students finish this program ready to make a difference. They are prepared to work with individuals, families or groups in a variety of advanced-practice settings — including behavioral health, substance abuse and healthcare. With fieldwork and theoretical components, this program is open to both full- and part-time students.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Council of Social Work Education
- Hold a BSW degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have completed a broad liberal arts background with a minimum of 24 credit hours including at least one course in sociology, psychology, English, political science or history, statistics, and human biology. A course in introductory statistics is required.
- Have earned a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average on the last 120 graded credits that appear on their bachelor’s degree transcript, as well as a 3.0 on all social work courses.
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Submit a 3-5 page Personal Statement
- Transcripts documenting eligibility for advanced standing.
- Recommendation for advanced standing from the Social Work Department chair/director of the school in which they completed their Bachelor of Social Work.
- A detailed evaluation of their field instruction experience and performance by the agency supervisor or an evaluation of their employment performance.
Founded in 1856, Seton Hall University maintains a long-standing reputation of proven academic excellence combined with a rich Catholic heritage. The regionally-accredited university commits to quality and affordable education offering online programs that provide added flexibility for working professionals and adult students. Online graduate programs range from studies in healthcare and nursing to accounting and business administration.
Through online programs SHU offers an intellectually challenging environment, real-world experiences and a culture of optimism that propels great minds. The University engages in a mission to cultivate the kinds of leaders who align personal ambition with a deep commitment to civic good.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.