Master of Social Work / Advanced Standing
The Seton Hall University master’s degree in social work is a unique opportunity. For students without a bachelor’s degree in social work, the program is two years long, with the first year consisting of on-campus coursework. Students with a degree in social work go straight into the second year of the program — the Advanced Standing year — which consists of online courses and on-site fieldwork in the community.
Our students finish this program ready to make a difference. They are prepared to work with individuals, families or groups in a variety of advanced-practice settings — including behavioral health, substance abuse and healthcare. With fieldwork and theoretical components, this program is open to both full- and part-time students.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,012.00
Out of State Rate:$1,212.00
Additional Fees :$1,304.00
Fees Overview :
- Technology Fee (per semester): $200
- University Fee (per semester): $126
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$34,700.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$41,300.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$1,304.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Hold a BSW degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have completed a broad liberal arts background with a minimum of 24 credit hours including at least one course in sociology, psychology, English, political science or history, statistics, and human biology. A course in introductory statistics is required.
- Have earned a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average on the last 120 graded credits that appear on their bachelor’s degree transcript, as well as a 3.0 on all social work courses.
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Submit a 3-5 page Personal Statement
- Transcripts documenting eligibility for advanced standing.
- Recommendation for advanced standing from the Social Work Department chair/director of the school in which they completed their Bachelor of Social Work.
- A detailed evaluation of their field instruction experience and performance by the agency supervisor or an evaluation of their employment performance.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Council of Social Work Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.