Seminole State College of Florida offers the online Technical Certificate in Small Business Management. This program prepares students for the management and/or ownership of a small business. The content includes instruction in the planning, organizing, leading and controlling of a small business. Emphasis is placed on selected theories of small business management and decision-making and the knowledge and understanding necessary for managing people and functions.
Curriculum topics include the following:
- basic management functions of a small business work team
- fundamental legal issues facing small business owners
- advertising and marketing of products and services
- sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation
- mechanics of writing a business plan
- small business accounting system
- and much more
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Official transcripts.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges