Using a holistic and systemic approach to the well-being of the individual, Saybrook offers an online Integrative Social Work PhD. Core values of the program center on building compassion and respect within communities, engaging the person, and learning how to foster positive change. This program is committed to academic excellence and training, and expects students to maintain integrity and authenticity.
- Integrative Community: Disaster, Trauma, and Addictions
- Integrative Gerontology : Gerontology, Chronic Illness, and End of Life Care
Core requirements include foundational social work studies, advocacy, epidemiology, public health and policy, and more. You will also have the opportunity to apply knowledge to advanced research courses and will finish out with a dissertation project.
Advance your professional goals in:
- Healthcare industry
- Community and nonprofit organizations
- Social services and child welfare
- Policy development
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Saybrook University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Interview, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Requires new students to attend a four-day residential conference, in California or Houston. A two-day residential conference is also required.
- Some elective courses may require additional residential conference training
- A master’s degree in social work, or other relevant master’s degree required