Santa Barbara City College offers the online Certificate of Achievement in Medical Coding Specialist. This certificate will train and educate students to:
- Abstract health data from medical records, assign a code to each diagnosis and procedure documented in the patient’s record.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of computerized encoders and groupers.
- Explain the relationship between accurate coding and reimbursement.
- Design and implement a coding monitoring program to ensure coding quality and reduce fraud and abuse.
- Prepare a casemix analysis for health care facilities/providers.
- Apply ethical coding principles.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Santa Barbara City College is accredited by:
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsACT/SAT, Placement Test
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Utah