Founded in 1857, San Jose State University began as Minns' Evening Normal School, which trained teachers for the developing frontier. San Jose State's location in the Silicon Valley makes it an exceptionally rewarding learning environment for students. Silicon Valley firms and agencies seek SJSU students for internships, summer work programs and for assistance with research and development projects. Silicon Valley firms employ more graduates from SJSU than from any other university in the nation.
San Jose State University offers undergraduate and graduate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- College of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Lucas College and Graduate School of Business
- Connie L. Lurie College of Education
- Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and the Arts
- College of International and Extended Studies
- College of Science
- College of Social Sciences
Professional Degree Programs (PDP) offered through Special Session allow working people to earn graduate degrees and certificates at their own pace and schedule, often online or off campus. The courses are offered online or in the Silicon Valley rather than on campus.
Accreditation & Licensing
San Jose State University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)