Doctor of Nursing Practice
The online DNP degree program from Samford University provides nurses with the skills and knowledge required to succeed at the highest levels of nursing practice and administration. Graduates possess advanced clinical skills, are prepared to take on organizational and systems leadership positions, and have the ability to:
- Mobilize interdisciplinary teams
- Establish collaborative relationships to solve complex clinical problems
- Initiate policy and programmatic changes
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse
- Master's degree from a CCNE, CNEA or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited program in the area of advanced practice or administration (applicants with unique credentials will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Master's degree cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A video interview submission (a link to this site will be provided after application has been submitted)
- International applicants (applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent residents) must contact the director of graduate student services for detailed program requirements
- American citizens or permanent residents who learned English as a second language must score at least 550 (paper), 213 (computer) or 80 (internet) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Should any of the above conditions not be met, the applicant may be considered on an individual basis
Samford University was founded as Howard College in 1841 and continues today as a private, co-educational institution located in Homewood, Alabama. Samford was originally founded when members of the Siloam Baptist Church acquired land and invited the Alabama Baptist Convention to build a new Baptist School in that location. The school remains to have an affiliation with the Alabama Baptist Convention.
Samford is currently divided into the following degree-granting units:
- Howard College of Arts & Sciences
- Brock School of Business
- Beeson Divinity School
- Beeson School of Education & Professional Studies
- Cumberland School of Law
- Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing
- School of the Arts
- McWhorter School of Pharmacy
There are undergraduate, graduate and professional programs available at SU. The individual colleges at Samford also offer some online programs, generally at the graduate level.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.