Salem University’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program gives students the knowledge and skills to design, develop, and maintain software systems. Topics cover the fundamental concepts of computer science, including programming languages, algorithms, data structures, operating systems, software engineering, and advanced techniques.
Successful graduates of the Software Development program will be able to:
- Develop software project plans based on an evaluation of client needs
- Perform object-oriented programming with the use of programming languages
- Develop, test, and maintain software programs
- Understand data structures and implement them successfully
At the end of the program, you will demonstrate your mastery of course topics and software programming skills in a senior-year capstone project.
- A minimum of a GED or high school diploma is required for entrance.
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission