Post-Master's Nurse Educator Certificate
Saint Xavier's innovative online Nurse Educator post-master's certificate program provides MSN graduates with the opportunity to work toward becoming a Certified Nurse Educator through experiential learning as well as rigorous classroom practice. Adding this component to your nursing resume can offer you greater career flexibility and the chance to pass on your hard-won knowledge to future generations of nurses.
The Nurse Educator certificate program covers teaching techniques specific to the nursing context and how to adapt them to different settings—such as public health classes, hospitals, and schools of nursing. You'll hone your teaching skills by preparing, presenting and evaluating actual classes during a guided practicum, giving you valuable hands-on experience.
The curriculum also covers topics including:
- Educational theory for adult learners
- Curriculum design
- Curriculum evaluation
- Lesson planning
- How to create course objectives
- Student evaluation techniques
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$730.00
Out of State Rate:$730.00
Additional Fees :$600.00
Fees Overview :
- Graduate Fees (per semester): $225
- Graduation Fee (one-time): $150
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$7,170.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$7,170.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Must hold a Master of Science in Nursing degree
- Completed application form
- Official transcript(s)
- Copy of your current registered nursing license and current work status (Applicants are required to be working full-time in order to apply.)
- Three (3) written recommendations from nursing professionals
- Current Résumé
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Not available for students residing in Colorado, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Utah, and Washington.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.