The online Master of Social Work at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota prepares you for clinical practice. As a graduate, you'll gain autonomy in your partnerships with clients, working directly with individuals, couples, families, and communities to diagnose mental health conditions, treat issues, and more. Help those who are struggling to change their behaviors and develop coping mechanisms to thrive in challenging situations.
- Coursework Is 100% Online. You can work full time and earn your degree when and where it's best for you. Note that the fieldwork element of the program will be conducted in person.
- No Experience Necessary. The 60-credit Traditional Track is offered to students without a Bachelor's in Social Work (BSW) degree and provides the skills and competencies necessary to work in clinical practice.
- Advanced Standing Track. Professionals with a BSW degree save time and money in this 30-credit track.
- Strong Lasallian Values. We pursue excellence in teaching and learning, and personally respond to students' intellectual, spiritual, and developmental needs, whatever they may be.
- An Affordable Degree. Tuition for this valuable program is kept reasonable as part of our commitment to our Lasallian mission of serving our community, and teaching students to do the same.
- Rigorous Practicum. Gain experience in direct practice in a safe environment where professional feedback helps develop your new skills.
Choose Your Path to a Career in Social Work
Traditional Track. This 60-credit track is offered to students without a BSW degree. You first complete foundational coursework, then move on to a clinical focus.
Advanced Standing Track. If you hold a BSW degree, you can save time and money by starting
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants must possess a BSW earned within the last 10 years.