Raise your profile with the School of Education & Social Science's fully online Master of Education (M.Ed.) with a concentration Reading.
This program is designed for certified teachers who want to develop advanced skills in literacy instruction, and earn their State of Florida reading certification. The students find success as certified reading teachers and specialist in school districts throughout Florida and outside of the state, due to reciprocity agreements the Florida Department of Education holds with other states.
You’ll learn how to implement an integrated language arts program, assess literacy levels and apply current research and instructional approaches to improve students’ reading and writing skills.
This program requires field experience.
- A 3.0 or higher GPA in the last 60 hours of upper division coursework that led to a conferred bachelor's degree
- Two professional recommendations
- If student's GPA for last 60 hours is between 2.5 and <3.0, either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) must be taken
- Statement of professional goals
- Submit official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions previously attended
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges