Take your poetry to the next level of maturity and inspiration with Saint Leo’s online MA in Creative Writing in Poetry. From children’s rhymes to sonnets, you can learn how to improve your composition, style and technique. SLU’s online MA program is a blend of writing and literature study, whereby your curriculum will be individualized to your own writing goals, as a collaborative effort between you and a faculty mentor. Courses are likely to include:
- Theory and practice in creative writing
- Worship in poetry
- Foundations in poetry
All of Saint Leo’s online MA writing programs require three on-campus residency weeks. The first and third are bookended around the 2-year program, and the other residency takes place during the summer in the middle. Outside of these on-campus requirements, you have the utmost flexibility to complete writing projects and learn at your convenience entirely online.
Students are required to spend one week each summer in an intensive residency.
- All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4-point scale
- Send official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you've previously attended
- A sample of the applicant’s original creative work in the genre in which the student wishes to specialize
- Two letters of reference
- A personal statement detailing the candidate’s reasons for pursuing graduate study in creative writing
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges