Special Education Certification
Educators skilled in teaching students with a disability – be it physical, intellectual, emotional, or any combination are in high demand. Earn the online Special Education certification from Saint Joseph’s University to prepare yourself to take on this imperative role to learn the best practices of effectively teaching students with special needs and helping them learn successfully.
Our online program was developed for professional teachers who want to refine and develop their ability to meet the needs of student who require special attention.
With the flexible online program, achieving your online Special Education certification has never been easier. You will learn from a distinguished faculty and work with peers to earn career-building credentials while maintaining your work/life balance.
Some learning outcomes of this program include:
- Current issues in special education
- Diagnostic assessment and how to monitor progress
- How to help students with high and low incidence disabilities
- How emotional/social and behavioral disorders affect student comprehension
The certification in Special Education can be earned independently or as part of a master's degree in special education.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$750.00
Out of State Rate:$750.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$20,250.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$20,250.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Must hold a Standard/Level 1 Teaching Certificate in Early Childhood Development, Elementary Education, or Secondary Education
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in undergraduate work
This program is designed to meet certification guidelines for teachers licensed in the state of Pennsylvania. Teachers and prospective students should inquire with their state licensing agency prior to enrollment.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.