Prepare yourself to take on an imperative and increasing role in the K-12 school environment. Saint Joseph’s University offers an Instructional Technology Specialist program which will assist you in understanding technology in the classroom.
Taught by expert faculty, the goal is to prepare top-quality educators who are capable of serving in instructional design and technology leadership roles in a school, a school district, or a regional educational setting.
Students can pursue this program with or without a certification.
With Saint Joseph's flexible online format you will learn the following through the program:
- Advanced understanding of the role of technology in the classroom
- The tech savvy required to comfortably integrate technology into lectures and coursework and teach technology skills to students
- Expertise in instructional systems design
- Familiarity with learning assistance technology and its role in teaching special needs and English language learners
- Background in education research and instructional design research
- Experience with how to write a research proposal
- Knowledge of how to design a curriculum to include interactive technologies and social media platforms
- Grounding in theories of learning and strategies for creating technological solutions for current problems in education
- Familiarity with interactive software and multimedia production
- Practical experience obtained through an instructional design internship
This program requires an internship experience.
- Must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education