Master of Science in Instructional Technology / IT Specialist Certification
Saint Joseph's University
Prepare yourself to take on an imperative and increasing role in the K-12 school environment. Saint Joseph’s University offers an Instructional Technology Specialist Certification which will assist you in understanding technology in the classroom.
Taught by expert faculty, our goal is to prepare top-quality educators who are capable of serving in instructional design and technology leadership roles in a school, a school district, or a regional educational setting.
With our flexible online format you will learn the following through the program:
- Advanced understanding of the role of technology in the classroom
- The tech savvy required to comfortably integrate technology into lectures and coursework and teach technology skills to students
- Expertise in instructional systems design
- Familiarity with learning assistance technology and its role in teaching special needs and English language learners
- Background in education research and instructional design research
- Experience with how to write a research proposal
- Knowledge of how to design a curriculum to include interactive technologies and social media platforms
- Grounding in theories of learning and strategies for creating technological solutions for current problems in education
- Familiarity with interactive software and multimedia production
- Practical experience obtained through an instructional design internship
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
Saint Joseph’s University is a comprehensive, internationally recognized university located on the edge of metropolitan Philadelphia, with students from across the country and around the world, both online and on campus. Saint Joseph's University is regionally accredited — the highest level of accreditation a traditional college or university can obtain — by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Our national rankings and AACSB accreditation in the Haub School indicate the high quality of our undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs.
For 160 years, Saint Joseph’s University has helped men and women prepare for their professional lives by providing a rigorous Jesuit education that incorporates the Ignatian credo of cura personalis, or care of the entire person. Guided by a faculty committed to both teaching and scholarship, a Saint Joseph’s education challenges and expands knowledge, deepens understanding, emphasizes critical thinking and communication, fosters the development of moral and spiritual character, and builds enduring pride.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.