Prepare yourself to take on the important and increasingly in-demand role of an educator with a specialization in special education. The online Special Education certification from Saint Joseph’s University will introduce you to best practices for teaching students with special needs, as well as put you on the path to having a positive impact on students’ learning experiences.
Saint Joseph's online program was developed for professional teachers who want to refine and develop their ability to meet the needs of students who require special attention.
With the flexible online program, achieving your online Special Education certification has never been easier. You will learn from a distinguished faculty and work with peers to earn career-building credentials while maintaining your work/life balance.
Some learning outcomes of this program include:
- Current issues in special education
- Diagnostic assessment and how to monitor progress
- How to help students with high and low incidence disabilities
- How emotional/social and behavioral disorders affect student comprehension
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires an internship experience.