M.S. Ed. in Special Education / Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education (N-12)
The MS in Education / Deaf and Hard of Hearing program is designed to provide you with the abilities to effectively teach students PK-12 with varying levels of hearing impairment. Upon graduation, students will also be granted a PA-issued certification, which is recognized in most states.
Throughout the program, you will learn to use the latest technologies to facilitate meaningful and differentiated learning experiences, as well as how to communicate effectively with deaf and hard of hearing students. You’ll be encouraged to set goals related to improving your sign language and alternative communication skills.
This program prepares educators for certification and to acquire the competencies needed to support learning and development in children with hearing loss. As such, it is ideally suited for:
- Special education teachers seeking an additional certification
- General education teachers with an interest in becoming a teacher of students who are deaf and hard of hearing
- General education teachers with deaf or hard of hearing students in their classrooms
- Bachelor’s level professionals or paraprofessionals who are seeking initial certification and certification as a teacher of students who are deaf and hard of hearing *
- Related service personnel (e.g. Speech/Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists) who wish to become teachers of students who are deaf and hard of hearing *
- Sign Language interpreters who wish to become teachers of students who are deaf and hard of hearing*
* These individuals’ credentials will be individually evaluated and additional pedagogy coursework may be required.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$750.00
Out of State Rate:$750.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$27,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$27,000.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree with active teacher certification. Must have basic Sign Language competency. This program is intended for individuals who have earned at least initial Standard/Level 1 sign language certification or have equivalent education and experience working with deaf/hard of hearing students.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.