Master of Science in Nursing / Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing

Program Details

The online MSN / Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner degree program from Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing prepares students to provide care to those with mental health problems and mental disorders. The curriculum focuses on social and psychological development of individuals and families using assessment, diagnostic techniques, pharmacological management, and therapies for a wide spectrum of patients including children, adolescents, adults, and older adults. Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of settings including:

  • ​Mental health clinics
  • ​Community mental health facilities
  • Private group practices
  • ​Hospital/Medical centers
  • ​Emergency and urgent mental health care facilities
  • ​Colleges of nursing

% Online

Mostly Online

Program Accreditation & Licensing

Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)

School Accreditation & Licensing

Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing is accredited by:

Higher Learning Commission (HLC)

Program Requirements & Restrictions

Minimum Education

Bachelor Degree

Recommended GPA

2.8 or above (4.0 scale)

Application Requirements

Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV

Additional Info

  • Some clinical courses require short campus visits.
  • Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution and ACEN, CNEA, or CCNE accredited program
  • Submit evidence of completion of undergraduate health assessment and nursing research with minimum C grade
  • Submit proof of current, unencumbered RN licensure
  • One year professional nursing experience preferred
  • Must have one equivalent of one year experience in psychiatric-mental health in the past 5 years
  • Programs prepare students for professional licensure or certification in Illinois. Additional education requirements or special authorization may be required from the professional licensing or certification agencies for states outside of Illinois.