The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing prepares professional nurses to care for adults and children of all ages with an essential focus on family and community. Students learn to assist with:
- Illness management
- Health promotion
- Health education
Graduates are prepared to provide care to individuals with acute and chronic illnesses in a variety of primary care practice settings such as clinics, outpatient services, and more.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.8 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Some clinical and practicum courses require short campus visits.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution and ACEN, CNEA, or CCNE accredited program
- Submit evidence of completion of undergraduate health assessment and nursing research with minimum C grade
- Submit proof of current, unencumbered RN licensure
- One year professional nursing experience preferred
- Programs prepare students for professional licensure or certification in Illinois. Additional education requirements or special authorization may be required from the professional licensing or certification agencies for states outside of Illinois.