The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner specialization of this online DNP degree focuses on patients in need of critical care. The program prepares students to take the certification exam after graduation.
Courses focus on the treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, disabilities, and injuries. Graduates will be prepared to take on leadership roles for targeted populations. Employment can be found in settings such as emergency departments, intensive care units, and specialty clinics.
This adult geriatric nurse practitioner program online covers topics including:
- Information systems and technology for transformation of healthcare
- Cultural competency for advanced practice
- Impact of ethics and law on healthcare
- Healthcare policy and financial management
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Requires BSN from a regionally accredited institution and ACEN, CNEA, or CCNE accredited program
- Must have taken undergraduate health assessment and nursing research courses with minimum C grade
- Submit proof of current, unencumbered RN licensure
- One year professional nursing experience preferred
- Programs prepare students for professional licensure or certification in Illinois. Additional education requirements or special authorization may be required from the professional licensing or certification agencies for states outside of Illinois.