Information Media, Instructional Design and Training, Master of Science
The Information Media Instructional Design and Training Masters Degree Program at Saint Cloud State University is designed for students interested in increasing their use of information/instructional technologies in classrooms and schools. This program builds on the technology certificate program to provide competencies needed to become a technology coordinator in educational settings. It is also for those interested in organizational media management in business, industrial, governmental, and health fields.
The degree is designed to prepare an inpidual with competencies such as problem analysis, program development, resource management, personnel/performance evaluation, and instructional design. This program gives students a basic framework for undertaking a training or instructional design position, while at the same time developing the specific skills necessary for the practicing professional. It is designed for both full-time and part-time students and can be completed online or through evening courses.
Within this program students must complete three credits of research courses including Research Methods in Media. They must complete 14 credits of core courses including, Information Media: Theory, Research, and Practice, Instructional Design, Access to Information, Developing Skills for Online Learning, and Design and Preparation of Multimedia Presentations.
Then there are 13-17 credits of application courses including, Training/Human Resource Development, Principles of Instructional Design II, Organizational Training and Media Management, and Internship in Media.
Lastly, students must complete five to nine credits of elective courses which can be from related fields, general study courses, or courses in the major. Courses in the core should be taken at the beginning of the program. Making the program a total of 39 credit hours.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- The GRE is required of all applicants, unless:
- The applicant has an undergraduate cumulative GPA at 3.25 or above on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) from an accredited institution in a country where English is the sole official language.
- The applicant has a post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in a country where English is the sole official language.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- American Association of School Libraries
- IBSTPI Recognized Materials
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.