Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice
Sacred Heart University
Graduates of this program are prepared to transform practice, lead and engage in practical, clinically focused scholarship and research. The Post-Master's Doctor of Nursing practice degree is a clinical doctorate requiring the completion of a scholarly project focusing on clinical nursing practice. Graduates will be experts in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating healthcare delivery systems and will be prepared to lead at the highest clinical and executive ranks.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended with proof of an MSN or equivalent from an accredited college or institution
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.2
- Documentation from the master’s degree granting institution, on the university’s letterhead, stating the number of supervised clinical hours completed in the MSN program
- Copy of current U.S. licensure as a registered nurse, copy of any additional (current) advanced practice nursing licensure and certification documents
- Undergraduate statistics course taken within the last six years
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview by invitation
- Professional portfolio with graded writing sample (brought to the interview)
At Sacred Heart, students are fully supported on their journey to gain greater skills and knowledge to become a change agent for good. SHU offers graduate degree and certificate programs in a convenient and flexible online format.
With these online programs, students can schedule and complete courses around their work and personal commitments.
Classes are taught by the same renowned faculty as on-campus courses and are available online, 24/7.
Once enrolled, students will also be assigned a Student Services Coordinator who will help them throughout the online program journey – from enrollment each term, through graduation.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.