Coursework in the Family Nurse Practitioner specialization prepares nurses for an advanced practice role that focuses providing primary care to patients of all ages. Students learn to perform physical examinations and health assessments to diagnose and treat common diseases and injuries. Sacred Heart's MSN graduates are qualified to sit for the national certification exams offered through the ANA and the AANP.
An on-site orientation and two onsite competency/evaluation visits are required.
- Current, unencumbered RN license
- Bachelor's degree (in nursing or another area) with at least a 3.2 GPA
- Statement of professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation from your manager and/or supervisor
- Proof of malpractice insurance
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education