Rowan University offers the online Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership. The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program focuses on developing leaders who are capable of reflective decision making, working collaboratively, initiating or responding to innovative change, and who have management and administrative ability. By integrating academic instruction with opportunities to apply leadership theory to actual workplace problems, the program helps students to understand the relationship between theory and practice, understand the context in which schools, colleges, and other institutions operate, apply theory and contextual knowledge to educational problem solving, and more.
Students may choose from one of the following online tracks/initiative:
- Higher Education: This track is for educators who are looking to gain advanced knowledge in the field of higher education with a special focus on administration and leadership at the post-secondary/four-year college level.
- Nurse Educator: This track is for those educators who are looking to gain advanced knowledge in the field with a special focus on educating nurses.
- P-12: This track is for those educators who are looking to gain advanced knowledge in the field with a special focus on developing the leadership skills and dispositions necessary to enact lasting and meaningful change within the preschool through secondary school levels.
- Three in-person residencies required
- Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Current professional resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Recommended GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Three essays
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education