Rowan University offers the online Graduate Certificate in Special Education. This certificate is designed for general education teachers who wish to increase their knowledge of special education, as well as special education teachers who wish to pursue further coursework at the graduate level. The goal of this certificate is to provide teachers with an overview of the salient issues in special education, as well as opportunities to focus on the essential aspects of evidence-based practices.
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Recommendation Form (letter from the recommender is preferred)
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Interview and on-site writing sample
- Copy of NJ teaching certificate, standard certification or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS)
- Proof of appropriate certification as well as a letter of employment confirming the specific dates (not just years) during which the applicant has taught or served the educational community under the appropriate certificate.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education