Rowan University offers an online Graduate Certificate in Reading. For those interested in learning about reading and literacy initiatives, this program offers an advanced education on that topic. Students learn a pedagogical and theoretical approach to reading and how it is important to teach effectively.
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of NJ teaching certificate, standard certification or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS)
- Proof of appropriate certification as well as a letter of employment confirming the specific dates (not just years) during which the applicant has taught or served the educational community under the appropriate certificate.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education