Rowan University was established in 1923 and continues today as a public institution located in the town of Glassboro, New Jersey. The school was founded as Glassboro Normal School. In the 1930s, the school became New Jersey State Teachers College at Glassboro, and then Glassboro College in 1958. In the 1970s, the school added more programs including business, communications and engineering. Finally, in 1997, the school changed to its present day name after a man named Henry Rowan and his wife Betty gave $100 million to the school.
Rowan University awards a full range of undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates from the following schools and colleges:
- College of Communication and Creative Arts
- College of Education
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Performing Arts
- College of Science and Mathematics
- Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
- Rohrer College of Buiness
- School of Earth and Environment
- School of Health Professions
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Cooper Medical School
- Rowan School of Osteopathic Midecine
Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships offers master’s degrees, certificates, certifications/endorsements and doctoral programs in partnership with nine of the university's schools and colleges. Many of these programs are offered in accelerated online formats.
Location: 201 Mullica Hill Road,Glassboro, NJ 08028
Religious Affiliation: Not applicable
Sector & Type: Public, Not-for-profit
- Credit for Training
- Dedicated POC
- Member of SOC
- Recognized SVO
- Yellow Ribbon
Highest Offering: Doctorate
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This school has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.