Bachelor of Professional Studies in Commerce and Enterprise
The Bachelor of Professional Studies in Commerce and Enterprise degree offered by Roosevelt University is a program of study that is available to students in a completely online format. This program is the integration of general Business courses with online accessibility and professional practices. Students study subjects such as accounting, economics, marketing, management, organizational behavior, organizational development, and ethics. Students who wish to enroll in this program must be at least 24 years of age or older. This program is meant to be a bachelor degree completion program, therefore a student should have at least an Associate’s degree in order to enroll.
This program aims to equip its students with a foundation of the basic skills and knowledge related to Commerce and Enterprise. By the end of this program a student will be able to perform the following competencies:
- To analyze balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow
- To recognize and utilize tools for statistical analysis
- To know the language and terms of business
- To recognize and be able to explain global economics concepts, which include international trade concepts
- To make business related choices that are influenced by Roosevelt’s Social Justice mission
- To use management paradigms and the concepts of ethical decision-making
- To utilize the basic theories of administration and management and to understand the organizational behavior, which includes problems of motivation and leadership.
Students will be able to explain the importance of corporate vision. The concepts related to marketing, its theories, and its practice are also covered in this program.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Commerce and Enterprise must complete the Core Curriculum of courses, which integrates interdisciplinary seminars and includes and Senior Thesis project. These courses include:
- Developmental Mathematics
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Pro-Seminar in Critical Skills
- Seminar in Technological and Quantitative Literacy
- Seminar in the Social Sciences
- Seminar in the Natural Sciences
- Seminar in the Humanities
- Introduction to Composition
- Finite Mathematics
- Argument, Analysis, Research
The Commerce and Enterprise courses are:
- Global Economics
- Accounting for Commerce and Enterprise
- Statistics for Commerce and Enterprise
- Management for Commerce and Enterprise
- Marketing for Commerce and Enterprise Organization Behavior
- Organization Development
- Social Justice and Diversity in the Workplace
- Organizational Communication
- Evidence-Based Decision Making
Students are also required to take eighteen credit hours in a Functional Area or Minor related to their personal interests or career goals.
Degree Level:Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :NA
Students must be 24 years of age when they start the program.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.