Rochester Institute of Technology offers the online MS in Health Informatics. This degree provides students with a unique blend of data analysis skills and clinical expertise to assume leadership roles bridging the gap that exists today between technology, data analytics, and the practice of medicine. Learners will work with physicians and other healthcare workers in various specialties and settings to understand how practitioners are interacting with patients and technology.
Students will choose one of two specialty tracks for this degree:
- Clinician Track: designed for current healthcare professionals who want to learn how to leverage data analytics and technology to provide continuity of care in a patient centered and data-driven environment
- Analyst Track: focused on the development of health informatics technologies with a strong focus on advanced programming techniques and data analytics
Most health informatics professionals work in a variety of healthcare settings including federal government agencies, public health agencies, non-profit health and medical associations, hospitals, physician group practices, pharmaceutical companies, and insurance companies.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Current resume, personal statement, and two letters of recommendation
- Interview with the program chair (for those without health care experience)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education