Master of Science (M.S.) in Instructional Leadership
The Master of Science in Instructional Leadership is an only degree program offered by Robert Morris University. This program is intended for elementary or secondary school teachers, individuals in corporate training and development, or those in scholastic athletics or recreational management. An aim of this program is to build on the foundation of what a student has already mastered and to extend abilities in a wide variety of areas to help them advance professionally.
The Instructional Leadership program is split into six specialization tracks. These tracks include: Leadership, Corporate Training, Elementary Education, English Education, Mathematics Education, and Sport Management.
The core classes required by this program are: Current Design/Assessment, Educational Statistics, and Education Research Seminar. Students are also asked to choose one of the following courses to fulfill a requirement: Instructional Leadership/Decision Making, Instructional Leadership/Management, Instructional Leadership Management/Organization.
Students must also take five classes out of the Education Theory and Practice section. Classes the students might choose include: Critical Issues Affect American Education, Theories of Learning/Instruction, Principles of Inclusion, Managing the Learning Environment, and Special Learning Needs.
A Computer and Technology class is also required. Options include: Intro to Theory/Practice of On-Line Education, Integrating Instructional Technology, and Web Development for Educators.
Students must complete an Instructional Leadership practicum. This involves conducting a field-based project. This practicum may be focused in a student’s specialization area.
- The Leadership track is for educators who are interested in setting goals, allocating resources, managing curricula, monitoring lesson plans, and evaluating programs.
- The Corporate Training track is for students who wish to educate or create lessons for adults in a business setting. Elementary Education is for students who wish to gain an advanced degree and to hone their skills.
- English Education is for secondary English teachers who wish to gain an advanced degree and further their careers.
- Mathematics Education track is for secondary Mathematics teachers whom want the same thing.
- Finally, the Sport Management track is for individuals in scholastic athletics and recreation management. This is an interdisciplinary program that involves sports management, public relations, marketing, and other skills.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.