The online Healthcare Documentation Specialist Certificate program teaches students to assist physicians with patient care documentation by transcribing physician dictation and/or editing medical records generated by speech recognition software. Students must be able to handle highly confidential documents with the utmost discretion, integrity, and care and perform work that requires speed and accuracy. Courses also cover knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology, as well as knowledge of pharmaceuticals and drug terminology.
- High school diploma or GED
- Students under 21 years of age must submit ACT or SAT scores
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or lawful presence in the United States
- Healthcare Documentation Specialist Preadmission Test
- Accuplacer placement test may be required
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges