The online AAS in Health Information Management is part of the College System of Tennessee and is designed to prepare students to work in an office environment within the healthcare field. The curriculum teaches students about managing and coding medical information in medical records, abstracting data to meet administrative and governmental requirements, and managing medical and legal inquires for medical information. Students also learn how to calculate healthcare statistics, perform data analytics, and manage the Health Information Management department operational and human resource functions.
This program is offered through the TN eCampus; regionally accredited community colleges within the state of Tennessee working in partnership to provide students with online opportunities. Students apply at their school of choice.
The online Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management is offered through:
- Chattanooga State Community College
- Dyersburg State Community College
- Roane State Community College
- Volunteer State Community College
- Walters State Community College
- High school diploma or GED
- Students under 21 years of age must submit ACT or SAT scores
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or lawful presence in the United States
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges