Accounting Associate in Applied Science
The online Accounting AAS degree program from Riverland Community College provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Complete accounting processes and prepare financial statements according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) both manually and using computerized accounting software
- Analyze and communicate the effects of basic tax rules (including payroll taxes) on individuals, partnerships, and corporations and prepare basic tax returns
- Apply the fundamentals of activity based costing, job costing, and process costing, demonstrating an understanding of cost behavior including fixed and variable costs, cost/volume/profit analysis, budgeting and variance analysis, and other analytical tools for decision making
- Identify and apply elements of contract, tort, agency, property law, partnerships, corporations, UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) sales and secured transactions, and professional liability law
- Identify and apply basic principles of fund accounting for governmental type funds according to principles established by GASB (Governmental Accounting Standards Board)
- Demonstrate proficiency in using computer hardware and software, including spreadsheet, database, and internet browser software to solve complex business issues and report these solutions
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$212.67
Out of State Rate:$212.67
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$12,760.20
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$12,760.20
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Official high school transcript or GED certificate
- Accuplacer or ACT scores (or evidence of successful completion of college-level math and/or English courses)
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Riverland Community College is a participant of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). This program may not be authorized in non-member states and territories.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.