RCC offers the online AAS in Health Information Technology. The curriculum combines the disciplines of medicine, information management, and computer technology into one program of study. Students will learn how to perform a
variety of technical health information functions, including the following: analyzing and evaluating health information for accuracy; compiling administrative and health statistics; coding diagnoses as well as procedures for reimbursement and databases; and utilizing electronic health record software.
Potential career opportunities:
- Patient Information and Disclosure Specialist
- Electronic Health Record Coordinator
- Quality Improvement Specialist
- Health Information Supervisor
- Insurance Claims Specialist, and more
Students completing the AAS degree will be eligible to sit for the national RHIT exam through the American Health Information Management Association.
- High school diploma or GED
- ACT or other standardized test scores
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission