Founded in 1883, the initial focus of Reinhardt University was included education and ministry. With support of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Augustus M. Reinhardt and John J.A. Sharp opened a school to support students in the post-Civil War devastated region in Waleska, Georgia. By the end of the nineteenth century, required military training was integrated into the school and Reinhardt Normal College received a charter from the Georgia State Legislature. Throughout the twentieth century the college introduced academic and athletic programs, and developed a four-year business degree in the 1990s. Then, in the early 2000s, Reinhardt College transitioned to Reinhardt University, adding graduate programs.
Today, the private, not-for-profit Reinhardt University offers degree programs from associate’s to graduate level degrees on its main campus in Waleska, Georgia. Reinhardt University also supports distance education for added flexibility and convenience, allowing students to earn one of three bachelor's degrees completely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges