Set your sights on your ultimate goal, and advance quickly to the BSN and the MS in Nursing degree. This program allows students to complete three graduate level courses in the BSN portion of the curriculum which provides a head start in the Master of Science program.
After completion of the BSN portion of the program, you will continue to complete classes for your master’s degree in the same format as the BSN coursework. Within the master’s portion of the program, you will complete graduate level nursing courses along with courses in a chosen focus area – education or management.
The Education focus includes teaching and learning theory, curriculum development and evaluation. The Management focus entails course work in leadership development, financial management, current legal and economic requirements and industry trends. Both focus options include practicum experiences that total 210 hours providing you with an opportunity to apply theory in authentic health care management or education environments.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Regis University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License, Criminal Background Check
- Applicants must have an associate degree in nursing or diploma nursing program.
- Applicants must have completed Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiology coursework and have less than 36 outstanding non-nursing semester hours.
- An active, unrestricted or unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state in which the student’s clinical/practicum experience will be required.
- Two years of clinical practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) is preferred for all applicants.
- Applicants who graduated from a nursing program more than three years prior to admission may be required to have a minimum of 1,000 hours of nursing work experience in the last three years or have successfully completed a Colorado Council on Nursing Education approved refresher course or an approved refresher course in their current state of nursing practice.