Regis University offers an online MSN Family Nurse Practitioner degree focusing on the needs of Rural and Underserved Communities. The curriculum of this online Nurse Practitioner degree is designed to prepare students for national certification, with Regis FNP graduates having one of the highest pass rates in the country.
This unique program offers a synchronized learning experience, with students meeting together in online classes for one full day each week. Clinical practicums can be completed in the student’s nearby rural areas with support from local healthcare facilities and clinics. Nurses gain clinical experience with pediatric, adult, women’s, and family situations.
Some of the course topics included in this degree program are:
- Women’s health and childbearing for the NP
- Primary care procedures
- Foundations of health care economics
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Synchronous online classes meet once per week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Students who live between Fort Collins and Colorado Springs, Colo., must work at Denver Health, Clinica Family Health, or Peak Vista Community Health.
- Applicants must have a nursing bachelor's degree from a NLN or AACN-CCNE accredited program, with grade C or better in statistics and all nursing courses.
- Must have active RN license and current AHA Basic Life Support certification.
- Two years of clinical practice as an RN preferred.
Louisiana, New York, North Dakota, Kentucky