The Post-Graduate Certificate in Counseling Military Families is an online counseling degree from Regis University. This program is designed for community professionals with master’s degrees in counseling or closely related areas of clinical psychotherapy. You will gain additional training in working with military families with this certificate. The curriculum focuses on the unique stressors a military family faces, covering approaches to these issues from a systemic perspective.
Topics covered include:
- Secondary trauma
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
- Domestic violence
- Post-traumatic stress
- Military life culture and processes
- Master's degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy or closely related field
- Completion of a clinical internship with master's program
- Official transcripts
- Criminal background check
- Added materials may be requested.
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission