Earn an online PhD in Renewal Theology with a concentration in Practical Theology from Regent University. With this terminal degree, you can enhance your role in spiritual renewal and improve your leadership skills. Students will be well-prepared to lead in the church, academy, nonprofit, volunteer or military environments. Doctoral candidates are required to research and publish a paper on an approved topic of interest and attend a 2-week on-campus residency. The intent of this paper is to contribute to the knowledge base of the scholars and church with the Renewal movement. The Practical Theology concentration may include courses such as:
- Church and ministerial health
- Missional ministry
- Developing the leaders around you
- Renewal and transformation
- Planting healthy churches
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Regent University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Essay/Writing Sample, Statement of Purpose/Intent, Additional Materials May Be Requested
- The program requires a two-week on-campus residency component each semester.
- Applicants must have a M.Div. degree or masters-level equivalent (e.g., M.A., MRE, MACE) with a minimum of 72 credit hours from an ATS-accredited, graduate institution, or a first-graduate theological degree providing equivalent theological background.