Earn an online PhD in Renewal Theology with a concentration in Church History from Regent University. This terminal degree, combined with your acquired knowledge of history, can well-prepare you to serve both the Church and academy. Doctoral candidates are required to research and publish a paper on an approved topic of interest and attend a 2-week on-campus residency. The intent of this paper is to contribute to the knowledge base of the scholars and church with the Renewal movement. The Church History concentration may include courses such as:
- Contemporary renewal movement
- Medieval church and renewal
- Renewal methods in historical studies
- Reformation and renewal
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Regent University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- The program requires a two-week on-campus residency component each semester.
- Applicants must have a M.Div. degree or masters-level equivalent (e.g., M.A., MRE, MACE) with a minimum of 72 credit hours from an ATS-accredited, graduate institution, or a first-graduate theological degree providing equivalent theological background.