Earn an online PhD in Renewal Theology with a concentration in Christian Theology from Regent University. With this terminal degree, you can be well-prepared as a theologian to serve both the Church and academy. Doctoral candidates are required to research and publish a paper on an approved topic of interest and attend a 2-week on-campus residency. The intent of this paper is to contribute to the knowledge base of the scholars and church with the Renewal movement. The Christian Theology concentration may include courses such as:
- Renewal methods in biblical studies
- Hebrew scriptures: research topics
- Gospels & Acts: research topics
- Apocalyptic literature: research topics
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Regent University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- The program requires a two-week on-campus residency component each semester.
- Applicants must have a M.Div. degree or masters-level equivalent (e.g., M.A., MRE, MACE) with a minimum of 72 credit hours from an ATS-accredited, graduate institution, or a first-graduate theological degree providing equivalent theological background.