The Doctor of Nursing Practice / Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner online program prepares nurses for leadership roles in the workplace through coursework grounded in theory and research. Graduates are eligible to sit for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification.
This concentration prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed to apply theories, clinical reasoning, and research in the treatment of individuals, families, and groups of all ages. Classes cover behavioral health issues, as well as acute and chronic mental illness. This online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program focuses on evidence-based methods including psychopharmacological, psychotherapeutic, and psychoeducational interventions.
The curriculum includes topics such as:
- Neuropathology and differential diagnosis
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Healthcare informatics
- Healthcare and information systems and business practices
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a minimum 3.0 GPA in an undergraduate nursing major.
- The program requires successful completion of prerequisite courses including statistics and nursing research.
- Applicants must submit proof of a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical nursing practice as an RN or advanced clinical nursing practice with certification as an NP or CNS within the last three years.