Nurses can advance their careers with the online Doctor of Nursing Practice focusing on Nurse Leadership from Radford University. Coursework grounded in theory and research prepares students for advanced practice leadership roles. Graduates are eligible for Nurse Executive certification.
This nurse administrator degree provides a special focus on serving rural communities. It is designed to help nurses meet the complex needs of healthcare environments and expand their skills in management and leadership.
Students study topics such as:
- Healthcare policy, ethics, and law
- Healthcare informatics
- Healthcare business practices
- Synthesis and evaluation of evidence-based data for APNs
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Radford University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a minimum 3.5 GPA from a nationally-accredited graduate nursing program.
- The program requires successful completion of prerequisite courses including statistics and nursing research.
- Applicants must submit proof of a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical nursing practice as an RN or advanced clinical nursing practice with certification as an NP or CNS within the last three years.