Queens University of Charlotte's online Master of Health Administration offers an applied curriculum built on universal business practices and principled leadership translated to the healthcare environment. This hands-on approach develops your business expertise, critical thinking skills, and managerial competencies so you can meet the challenges and changes of the intricate healthcare system. Your leadership can contribute to more efficient organizations, healthier communities, and happier patients.
The online program can be completed in as few as 24 months and was designed for those with at least two years of experience in healthcare. Each course's strong emphasis on applied learning means you can take the skills you learn and immediately apply them in your day-to-day tasks so you can start making a difference right away. You'll learn to:
- Assess and improve existing policies, and implement new processes to streamline operations.
- Evaluate expenditures and provide cost-saving recommendations.
- Adapt procedures in response to state and federal healthcare regulations.
- Develop strategic plans for hospitals and outpatient centers.
- Find organizational efficiencies to improve patient care and overall health within your community.
Online MHA Career Outlook
In 2015, the median annual salary for health service managers was $94,500,1 and experts predict 9.8 million new healthcare jobs by 2024.
— U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Why Do Students Choose the Queens Online MHA?
Expert practitioner faculty. The instructors in Queens' online MHA are seasoned professionals and experts in the field of healthcare. You'll gain real-world insights from today's top professionals.
Quality, affordable education. Queens University of Charlotte offers you a quality MHA program at an affordable price point, so you can put your career goals within reach.
An inspiring mission. Online MHA students are prepared not only to succeed in business but to live purposefully by helping to improve the health of patients and your community.
The framework for online MHA is based on core competencies outlined by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent from an international college or university
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 grading scale*
- The equivalent of two years prior experience in a healthcare organization
- Complete graduate school application
- All official transcripts from previous institutions
- Two letters of reference from people capable of evaluating educational background and work experience or personal character
- Resume and career statement with career goals
*An undergraduate GPA of 2.5 to 2.99 from a regionally accredited university will be considered with five years prior experience in health care management that includes supervisory responsibility and/or budget responsibility.
School Accreditation Statement
Queens University of Charlotte is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees.