Navigate a Changing Communication Landscape with Confidence. The media, technologies, and platforms used to create and deliver messages consistently change. In effective communication, only one fact remains constant — the proven principles, strategies, and methodology behind communication theory.
The online Master of Arts in Communication at Queens University of Charlotte’s Knight School of Communication pairs emerging media with communication theory so you can develop compelling messages that engage and inspire your audience. An optional Integrated Digital Strategy concentration further develops your expertise on a variety of social, digital, and emerging media tools, as well as an understanding of digital communities. You’ll be prepared to create comprehensive digital communication plans using these media.
GRE Waiver Available to Qualified Applicants
Through current and relevant coursework, the program provides you with a foundation that you can build on throughout your career. It focuses on proven communication principles and gives you the ability to adapt them to today’s fast-moving, and ever-changing technologies and trends.
- Create comprehensive and cohesive communication plans that engage, inspire, and build trust
- Master communication theory and its application to create practical strategies
- Craft and communicate an authentic brand identity
- Use and leverage traditional, digital, and emerging media tools effectively
- Discover the relationship between leadership and communication
Learn how to inspire and engage others, prompt them to act, and ignite change in organizations and communities through meaningful messages.
Coursework That Counts
Taught by an award-winning faculty, coursework in the online MA in Communication uses an entrepreneurial, innovative approach built on solid practice and theory. The curriculum includes a h
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Two admissions essays (contact a program manager for more details)
- Two letters of academic or professional reference
- Resume outlining academic and professional background and recognitions, honors and awards
- Applicants with less than three years of relevant work experience or an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 may be required to submit an acceptable GMAT or GRE score to augment their application package.
School Accreditation Statement
Queens University of Charlotte is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees.