Create consistent, strategic, and effective messaging on international, national and local levels that involves key stakeholders from the organization. The degree is housed within the esteemed Brian Lamb School of Communication. It’s led by an award-winning faculty that foster a new approach to modern communication that considers the integration of technology and humanity.
You can complete the degree in just 10 courses in under 20 months.
To better align with your career interests, the online communication program offers four concentrations.
- Strategic Communication/Public Relations: Ideal for aspiring PR professionals, this concentration develops your understanding of the interactions between organizations and audiences with courses that emphasize key public relations concepts.
- Integrated Communication & Advertising: Explore the intersection of marketing, advertising, public relations and corporate communication. This concentration teaches you to develop effective messaging strategies to engage key stakeholders and work across organizational boundaries.
- Health Communication: Learn to communicate within the increasingly complex healthcare industry. You'll learn how addressing advocacy issues and improving communications with industry stakeholders, patients, providers, payers, government agencies, and more can lead to better patient care and outcomes.
- Communication and Leadership: Identify communication strategies to use when the stakes are high and learn how you can increase team productivity through communication. You'll develop data-fueled communication strategies and manage the challenges that occur naturally throughout conflicts, negotiations and change.
You also have the option to fully customize your degree from a list of approved elective courses.
The online MS in Communication at Purdue University requires 30 credit hours and readies graduates to:
- Apply strategies based on concepts and theories to solve organizational problems
- Develop brands and images for organizations
- Communicate with investors and influence decision-making
- Leverage communication to international, national and local audiences
- Build and manage relationships through social media
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Statement of Purpose/Intent, Resume/CV, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Official College Transcript(s)