Create consistent, strategic, and effective messaging on international, national and local levels that involves key stakeholders from the organization. The degree is housed within the esteemed Brian Lamb School of Communication. It’s led by an award-winning faculty that foster a new approach to modern communication that considers the integration of technology and humanity.
To better align with your career interests, the online communication program offers two concentrations.
- Strategic Communication/Public Relations: Ideal for aspiring PR professionals, this concentration develops your understanding of the interactions between organizations and audiences with courses that emphasize key public relations concepts.
- Integrated Communication & Advertising: Explore the intersection of marketing, advertising, public relations and corporate communication. This concentration teaches you to develop effective messaging strategies to engage key stakeholders and work across organizational boundaries.
You also have the option to fully customize your degree from a list of approved elective courses.
The online MS in Communication at Purdue University readies graduates to:
- Apply strategies based on concepts and theories to solve organizational problems
- Develop brands and images for organizations
- Communicate with investors and influence decision-making
- Leverage communication to international, national and local audiences
- Build and manage relationships through social media
- A telephone interview with an Admissions Advisor
- An updated resume
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- A 500 word minimum personal statement
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission