Purdue University offers a Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis. Coursework meets requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination. Applicants will need to meet additional experience hours and state requirements for certification.
Graduates of this online psychology program will be able to work with individuals with autism or other disabilities with challenging behaviors who are in need of increasing skills. Behavior analysts also consult with school systems, provide parent training, and collaborate with medical professionals. Credits earned from this online special education certification can be applied toward Purdue’s Special Education doctoral program.
Students will study a range of topics including:
- Ethics of applied behavior analysis
- Verbal behavior and social communication
- Principles and concepts of applied behavior analysis
- Behavior analyst as a supervisor
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Official transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of English language proficiency, international applicants
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission