Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology
The Purdue Veterinary Technology program is fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and is a science based veterinary nursing program.
As an integral part of the veterinary team, veterinary technicians and technologists perform a wide range of veterinary skills:
- Nursing care, including pre and post-surgical care
- Client education
In addition to working in a private veterinary practice, there are many other employment opportunities with a Veterinary Technology degree:
- Humane Societies and animal control facilities
- Biomedical Research
- Veterinary Supply Sales
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- High school graduation or equivalent (high school transcript required)
- Minimum high school subject matter prerequisites (deficiencies may be made up with college-level courses, one 100-level or higher college course counts as two high school semesters)
- Science - 6 semester (2 must be biology and 2 chemistry)
- English - 8 semester
- Academic Math - 6 semesters
- Applicants must be 18 years of age prior to entering clinical courses
- SAT or ACT scores: The requirement for test scores is waived if the applicant has 24 graded hours in college or is 23 or older.
Founded in 1869 as a land-grant school, the University is known today for its prolific faculty as well as a record of distinguished research and achievement in aerospace, engineering, technology, science, and math.
Our goal is to educate and develop men and women of personal integrity and scholarly excellence.
The staff and faculty at Purdue bring the same commitment to discovery and learning present on the University's campuses to their online learning programs, with rigorous, intellectually stimulating course work and personal support to help students succeed. Purdue’s online programs allow students across the country and around the world to experience the University's high-quality educational offerings.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.