Prepare for teaching positions in nursing schools, continuing education, clinical education, staff development, and community or patient education programs. Complete most of the program’s six courses online, on your schedule.
- Program Highlights: Focus on developing courses and programs that integrate nursing philosophy; examine the ethical and legal issues related to the use of technology in teaching; analyze assessment, measurement, and evaluation methods used in nursing education.
- Certifications: Prepare for the National League for Nursing’s Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam and the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Nursing Professional Development board certification exam.*
- Clinicals: Complete a clinical practice experience to gain real-world experience applying what you learn.†
- Choose How You Learn: The ExcelTrack™ option offers a faster and more affordable way to earn your certificate.‡
Program is not available in all states. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
* Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
‡ ExcelTrack™ is designed to advance your progress based on existing knowledge; however, degree pace and time and cost savings will vary by individual. Students must enroll in a minimum number of credits per term to remain eligible for financial aid. Refer to the Financial Information section of the University Catalog for additional information.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Criminal Background Check
Tennessee, US Territories